Chara-ben (Character Lunch Box) Making "KUMAMON"
●What's Chara-ben?Japanese "Bento" is popular as "BENTO" overseas. "Chara-ben", a kind of bento which shapes rice and side dishes into manga and anime characters, is a unique culture of animation advanced country Japan, attracting attentions all over the world.
●Let's make Chara-ben!In this plan, I gonna introduce you how to make a Kumamon's Chara-ben. This will be an experience of making a very cute chara-ben decorated with seaweed and cheese easily.
●Do you know "KUMAMON"?He is a PR mascot character in Kumamoto Prefecture, a Japanese city. One of the most famous characters among many mascots.
●Japanese cuisineI also introduce Japanese cuisine such as bonito soup stock and Japanese seasonings. You can also practice using chopsticks!
●Good locationMy lessons are held at my home. You can relax and take lessons as if you were in a homestay.
My house is a 3-minute walk from the nearest station (Tsunashima Station on the Tokyu Toyoko Line).
To Yokohama Station in 10 minutes. To Shibuya Station in 20 minutes.
The access is so good that you can enjoy sightseeing after the lesson.
It will be a good memory of your Japan.
I am looking forward to meeting you!
Start - 15 min
Introduction of today’s recipes and preparation
1 hour 15 min
Demonstration and cooking lesson
45 min (Total 2 hours)
There's nothing special to prepare. Please come with casual clothes.
- Who love Japanese Cuisine
- Who are interested in Japanese Home Cooking
- Who want to make more Japanese friends
- Lunch that we made together
- Japanese tea
We'll be in my studio and cooking school, which has all of the equipment we”ll need to cook incredible dishes together.
- Please read participation condition carefully and make sure the class schedule!
- Please click on the schedule you want to join and make the reservation.
- Please enter necessary items and complete the application.
- Continue, please complete payment on the payment page.
- Confirmation of the contents of the application, email for participation will be sent.
- Please gather at the classroom place on the day before the start time. Cooking class begins.
You can cancel the class at any time by following and with NOT violating our cancellation policy.
Day you cancel
- (prior to departure)
- More than 11 days:
- No charge
- 10-8 days prior:
- 20% of full payment
- 7-2 days prior:
- 30% of full payment
- 1 day prior:
- 50% of full payment
- On the activity day or No Show:
- 100% of full payment