Anime Characters Lunchbox
Chara-ben is a shortened word of characters Bento (lunchbox), which expresses anime characters using foods.?
Japanese moms started making Chara-ben for kids’ lunch boxes to make them.The Chara-ben is very cute (Kawaii) and kid’s can proud it toward their friends.?
Kid’s can eat dislike foods as well because of cute shapes and character.?
Nowadays, it is a boom and there are lots of recipe books and contests. Many Japanese people are having fun to post pics of Chara-ben on multiple SNS. As a result Chara-bens are becoming popular in the world! ?
Let’s try making Chara-ben and share pics with friends on SNS!
- Ingredients service for 2
- Heart and flower
- 3 pieces
- Hear 2 eggs/Flower 1 egg
- Seasonings for egg : soup stock
- 3 tablespoons
- 2 table spoons
- 1/4 teaspoon
- Fried Chikuwa
- 1 piece
- 2 teaspoons
- *green seaweed flakes
- 1 teaspoon
- *Soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon
- Octopus and flower shaped sausages
- small sausage
- 6 pieces
- 2 teaspoon
- Boiled broccoli
- 10 small spears
Heart shaped baked egg
- Beat an egg and mix all ingredients for the egg. Make an egg roll using 2/3 of the egg mixture. Cut it into 4.
- Cut a piece in half diagonally. (1) Turn one piece over and make a heart shape using two pieces.
Flower shaped crepe egg
- Bake a thin egg crepe using 1/3 of egg mixture. Cut it into a rectangle shape. Fold it in half the long way. Make cuts on the folded side every 1cm with 1cm margin on the other side left. Roll it up and shape into a flower. Insert roasted pasta into the bottom part of flower.
- Cut Chikuwa into half vertically and divide horizontally into 3 parts.
- Marinade with seasonings (*) in the heat resistant bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a cooking wrap roughly (don’t cover tightly) and heat it for 30 minute in a 600 watt microwave oven.
Octopus and flower shaped sausages
- Cut a one edge of sausage and make check incisions (flowers). Make four thick incisions to the other sausages the long way to make octopus legs.
- Fry 1 and season with ketchup.(non oil)