What is WAGASHI
Wagashi is one of the Japanese traditional confectioneries, that is served with Japanese green tea. People feel a sense of the new season when they see Japanese-style confectionery.
Japanese sweets are typically made of rice, wheat, red bean paste, and sugar etc.
Nerikiri is one of the most popular Wagashi for the Japanese tea ceremony.
Nerikiri can be shaped and colored freely.
Nerikiri often used to express the beauty of nature.
Nerikiri = a blend of white bean paste
Let’s make the Nerikiri (Sakura)
- 1. Crush the white Nerikiri. Wrap the pink Nerikiri.
- 2. Bean paste in the crushed Nerikiri.
- 3. Wrap bean paste Round it into a flat shape
- 4. Divide into 5 equal parts with Moji(=toothpick)
- 5. Make petals with finger
- 6. Make a line with Mogi
- 7. Make a hole. Put a small the yellow Nerikiri.