Colorful Oshi Sushi cooking near Anime character's forest
- Decorated sushi (Oshi sushi-Pressed sushi)
- Dashi maki tamago (Rolled Japanese-style omelet)
- Tori tsukune (Japanese chicken meatballs)
- We have also vegetarian and vegan menu
- Authentic green tea (Matcha) with Japanese sweets (after cooking)
I live in suburban Tokyo area, where the Ghibli Anime "My Neighbor Totoro" was set. After this cooking experience, If you prefer, you can walk in the Hachikokuyama forest park, so-called Totoro related forest.(approximately 30 min)
Japanese fried chicken (KARA-AGE) & Rice ball (ONIGIRI)
- KARA-AGE (Japanese fried chicken)
- Onigiri (Tuna mixed with mayonnaise rice ball)
- Miso soup (potato and onion)
- We cook KARA-AGE (Japanese-style soy sauce flavored fried chicken). The following cooking method provides you with crispy surface and juicy inside fried chicken.
- When making rice ball, we grasp cooked rice in our own bare hands to make it triangular shape. We will do this together, because grasping rice ball needs some knack.
- Dashi stock is essential to washoku cooking. Your dishes will become wonderfully delicious and if you keep the stock ready, it’s very convenient for cooking.
- Following the detailed demonstration by your friendly online instructor, you can create Japanese popular cuisine.
About 1-hour 30min. online Japanese popular menu cooking class
Recipes (will be provided before the class)
Ingredients and kitchen utensils for creating your own dishes.
Meeting Point and Meeting Time:
This cooking class will be held online. I will send you the ZOOM for our class in advance.
Please prepare the following ingredients for this class:(1 person): 200g Boneless chicken thigh (or boneless chicken breast), ginger, garlic, cooking sake, soy sauce, flour, katakuriko (Japanese potato starch) or cornstarch, vegetable oil for deep-frying, vegetable for side dish (your favorite vegetable), 1 cup cooked rice (short grain rice), canned tuna, 1 sheet toasted nori (Japanese dried seaweed), onion, mayonnaise, 8cm dried kombu (kelp), 10g katsuobushi (dried-bonito flakes), potato, 1 tbs. miso. (If not available, I recommend other ingredients. Please contact me for advice.)
Musashino pork soup Udon
Japanese udon is wheat pasta made in thick strips. It is white in color. Musashino area of Tokyo has long been famous for various soba and udon noodles. Among them, Musashino pork soup udon is a menu unique to this area. People usually eat udon in pork broth. In this class, we knead the flour and make udon noodle. At this time, you step on the dough with your feet and knead it. This method has been handed down from ancient time in Japan. The pork broth is made from dashi stock. You are welcome to participate with your children. ＜highlight＞
- Make udon from flour. Step on the dough with your feet and knead it. You may hesitate to step on food with your feet, but since it is put in a plastic bag, there is no hygienical problem. This is a very exciting experience.
- Learn how to make dashi stock, which is indispensable for Japanese food. Use the dashi stock to make pork broth.
- You can enjoy this cooking class with alone, your family, friends or partner. You cannot experience it anywhere else