Colorful Oshi Sushi cooking near Anime character's forest
- Decorated sushi (Oshi sushi-Pressed sushi)
- Dashi maki tamago (Rolled Japanese-style omelet)
- Tori tsukune (Japanese chicken meatballs)
- We have also vegetarian and vegan menu
- Authentic green tea (Matcha) with Japanese sweets (after cooking)
I live in suburban Tokyo area, where the Ghibli Anime "My Neighbor Totoro" was set. After this cooking experience, If you prefer, you can walk in the Hachikokuyama forest park, so-called Totoro related forest.(approximately 30 min)
Japanese fried chicken (KARA-AGE) & Rice ball (ONIGIRI)
- KARA-AGE (Japanese fried chicken)
- Onigiri (Tuna-mayo rice ball)
- Miso soup (potato and onion)
- We cook KARA-AGE (Japanese-style soy sauce flavored fried chicken). The following cooking method provides you with crispy surface and juicy inside fried chicken.
- When making rice ball, we grasp cooked rice in our own bare hands to make it triangular shape. We will do this together, because grasping rice ball needs some knack.
- Basic Dashi stock is a fundamental to washoku cooking. Your dishes will become wonderfully delicious and if you keep the stock ready, it’s very convenient while cooking.
- Follow along with detailed demonstration from your friendly online instructor and enjoy Japanese popular cuisine.
About 1-hour 20min. online Japanese popular cooking class.
Recipes (will be provided before the class)
Ingredients and cooking tools for creating your own dishes.
Meeting Point and Meeting Time:
This cooking class will be held online. I will send you the ZOOM for our class in advance.
Please prepare the following ingredients for this class:(1 person): 150g Boneless chicken thigh (or boneless chicken breast), ginger, garlic, cooking sake, soy sauce, flour, katakuriko (Japanese potato starch) or cornstarch, vegetable oil for deep-frying, vegetable for side dish (your favorite vegetable), 1 cup cooked rice (short grain rice), canned tuna, 1 sheet toasted nori (Japanese dried seaweed), 25g onion, mayonnaise, 10cm dried kombu (kelp), 20g katsuobushi (dried-bonito flakes), 50g potato, 1 tbs miso. (If not available, I recommend other ingredients. Please contact me for advice.)