New Year Celebration by cooking OSECHI
Osechi is specially-prepared New Year's celebration dishes to be eaten during the first three days of January. You can enjoy osechi-making at any time of year in my class. I’ll teach you how to cook four typical, delicious, easy-to-make dishes. First, we’ll prepare dashi, a simple seaweed-based stock that is the cornerstone of our country's cooking. Using seasonal ingredients and dashi stock, we’ll make osechi. I’ll explain the ingredients, share cooking tips, and provide step-by-step instructions on how to make everything with local cooking tools. I’ll explain the traditions of New Year's and the reasons for osechi cooking. Finally I’ll introduce the New Year's ceremony.
Start - 11:00~11:15
Introduction of today’s recipes and preparation
Demonstration and cooking lesson
There's nothing special to prepare. Please come with casual clothes.
- Who love Japanese Cuisine
- Who are interested in Japanese Home Cooking
- Who want to make more Japanese friends
- Lunch that we made together
- Japanese tea
We'll be in my studio and cooking school, which has all of the equipment we”ll need to cook incredible dishes together.
- Please read participation condition carefully and make sure the class schedule!
- Please click on the schedule you want to join and make the reservation.
- Please enter necessary items and complete the application.
- Continue, please complete payment on the payment page.
- Confirmation of the contents of the application, email for participation will be sent.
- Please gather at the classroom place on the day before the start time. Cooking class begins.